Tamron 24mm f2.5 01B/Nikon D3500

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vibraslapper New Member • Posts: 2
Tamron 24mm f2.5 01B/Nikon D3500

I'm relatively inexperienced in photography, so any help would be much appreciated. In high school photo classes I used a Minolta Srt-(???) SLR. I came into some different lenses for it, but it malfunctioned before I had the chance to really try them out (repairing it was not in my budget, until after the rise of digital; would still love to get it working again, but I digress...)

I recently purchased a Nikon D3500 to start getting back into it, still learning the ins and outs of the camera with the kit lenses. Today I came across some of the old glass, and I'm wondering if it's something I can adapt to work with my new DSLR.

I have a Tamron 24mm f2.5 01B Adaptall 2 lens, with an adapter ring for the old Minolta. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it feasible (or even worth bothering) trying to use this lens with the new camera body? If yes, what do I need to make that happen?

2. I believe it's some kind of wide angle lens, but please correct me if I'm wrong. What should I shoot/how should I use it to get the best results?

3. How do I get the old adapter ring off of the lens? 😅

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3 Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow