R4 and Batis 25mm performance?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
isks Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: R4 and Batis 25mm performance?

You could do an experiment yourself with pixel shift on your A7RIII; that should give you a good idea of what to expect at higher resolutions.

I have no doubt that it will be more than a match for the A7R IV: it's such a contrasty and sharp lens on my A7R II, giving a lot of depth to images.

That list is deeply questionable IMO. Whoever rates the 55mm/1.8 higher than the Batis 40 or 135, or indeed the Batis 25 must clearly be doing something wrong.

Near Mt. Arthur, South Island, NZ

Susurus wrote:

Hi!

I have been wondering whether anyone has tried Batis 25mm in combination with R4? How does this lens perform on the camera?

I have been using it with R3, and got some excellent results. However, the review here is confusing and says it is considered ‘good’ which then translates to (methodology) - ‘not adequate for R4’ and not recommended on R3 as well: https://sonyalpha.blog/2019/11/10/which-lenses-to-maximise-the-potential-of-the-sony-a7riv/

However, on the other side, DxOMark reports excellent sharpness with a 42MP camera (R2), and I never had any conplaints for it on R3....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow