E-M1X Review for ABA Birders

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wallybipster Senior Member • Posts: 1,641
E-M1X Review for ABA Birders

Good to see Olympus getting themselves out there more in an arena where the M43 system particularly shines.

The reviewer also loved the MC-20, now I think I want one.

This is a publication for the American Birding Association.   I read the review, thought the author did a good job explaining the features that make the system such a good choice for birders, even if there weren't enough references to total light or whatever the equivalency police are into these days.  Reading about the EM1X makes me excited for the Mk3 EM1 release

It has been heartening to notice more folks every year with a M43 setup when I happen to meet fellow birders on the trail or at a well-known site for a rare visitor like a Northern Hawk Owl that brought a zoo of photographers out near my current abode lately.   It's interesting that I got sucked into the system because I wanted a lightweight, rugged system for hiking and mountains and yet I almost bought a second system just for birds.  Now it's the birds that are the reason I don't see myself leaving the system anytime soon.

Wallybipster's gear list:Wallybipster's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +6 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow