Z50 or Canon G7X Mkii as walk around? Thoughts?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tsinvest Senior Member • Posts: 1,214
Z50 or Canon G7X Mkii as walk around? Thoughts?

For the past two years my vacation walk around camera has been the Canon G7X Mkii.  I take it with me when I don't want to carry my D7500.  I have been fairly pleased with the images I've been getting from the Canon especially considering the size and convenience of it.

Now...I try the Z50 two lens kit under the Yellow program and two weeks into the trial I am really liking the Z50.  The Z50 with the pancake 16-50mm lens is a little larger than the Canon, however still easy to carry around. And, the 50-250mm lens can fit in a jacket pocket.

So I guess what I am thinking about is if I keep the Z50 where would the Canon G7X Mkii fit into the mix or would it.  Will it be a neglected camera that maybe I should try to sell now or would it make sense to keep both the Z50 and the G7X.  IDEA...maybe the wife would want it?  Have to ask her.

The G7X has been going for about $350 on ebay.  Could always put that towards a lens for the Z50.

Anyone in the same situation?  Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Tom

tsinvest's gear list:tsinvest's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +15 more
Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow