Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Started Jan 25, 2020 | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 48,323
Re: Do you maintain a different system for different photography needs?

Malsam wrote:

I’ve been shooting Canon for the most part of my photographic life and now that I’ve turned into a hobbyist rather than a earning for a living, I have since switched to other more practical systems.

Not sure does others feel the same, but if you shoot different genure of photography and have been enjoying and demanding about it, its practically not that possible to stick to 1 system. For the most of us, we pick the one that we enjoy the most and compromise the others.

Do you guys miss a past system that you have given up for your #2 or #3 genure for your photography? Eg. I’ve missed my Canon tilt shifts and Fujifilm SOOC jpegs for fast social sharing.

While all my cameras are Sony I have 3 completely different ones that I use in different situations. My RX100 is my carry everywhere sub compact zoom. My RX10iv is my good light all rounder sports, video and vacation camera. My FF A99ii with 7 lenses is reserved for low light and speciality uses. My overall % of use is approximately RX100 10%, RX10iv 80% and A99ii 10%.

I have learned that no single camera or system is suitable for me.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow