Why should I change the size of the AF area?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
G from Sydney New Member • Posts: 23
Why should I change the size of the AF area?

Like many other cameras, my Panasonic GX85 allows me to change the size of the AF area.

Why would I want to and under what situations would I want to change the size of the AF area?

I know how to do it and my searches reveal many pages for many different cameras on how to do it, but none seem to address why.

I'm thinking that I would want to adjust the size of the AF area, to match the size of the object that I want to focus on.  If this is the case, should I adjust the AF area to be slightly bigger, as close to the same size or slightly smaller than the object that I want to focus on?

Up until this point I have left it alone, but if it allows me to get more consistently in focus shots, I'd be happy to use the feature.

Any help, tips or links appreciated.

Thank you,

GJ

G from Sydney's gear list:G from Sydney's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +2 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow