Wedding - a6000/a7II/6D which combo to choose?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zalmanium Forum Member • Posts: 81
Wedding - a6000/a7II/6D which combo to choose?

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine asked me to photograph her wedding. And I have to say, this is a bit out of my comfort zone. It would be for the preparation, the day and evening.

I have some experience in racing, sports, family reunions, ... and all kinds of stuff without expectations. Just being there for family and friends. People appreciate someone being present as a hobby photographer and they even like my photos. Even if this won't be paid, I really want to perform and be able to deliver good pictures. Part of this is related to me of course, but unfortunately the gear also plays a part.

I have an A6000 with 10-18 and 55-210 (racing/sports).
This is coupled with an A7 + 50mm manual lens(es).
Until now I had no issues combining those 2 and getting great results, but as said, there was no pressure at all to deliver something.

My friends have some gear that I could take for the day, I can get:

- Canon 6D + 70-200 2.8 (which I think I will take as I will need it for far shots and will perform better than 55-210 in low light anyway).

- Sony A7II + 18mm f2.8 + 28mm f2 + 50mm 1.8 -> The AF part of the lenses and the more recent body will be better than my A7/manual lenses anyway. Changing lenses all the time doesn't seem like a good idea though, but can deliver great images.

- Sony Godox flash + sender/receiver.

- Rent a Tamron 28-75 2.8 for the A7II. I can combine it then with 70-200 2.8

So ... based on all this. What would you do?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow