300mm Pro Photographs a King

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phocal
Phocal Senior Member • Posts: 2,737
300mm Pro Photographs a King

I went snowshoeing today to find Hares to photograph but didn't see a single bunny, saw a lot of tracks.  You can't always be successful in finding what you are looking to photograph.

Or can you?

So on the way home I still had a little daylight and decided to drop by and visit the foxes.  My first time to visit them I saw the father of Gorgeous who I named King.  On that first visit I only saw him a few seconds and got one terrible photograph, so I was happy to see him again.  The sun was low and below the tree line but there where a few spots where it streamed through gaps.  I mention this because when I saw King I sat on the ground, which caused him to walk towards me as I was hoping it would.  When he got close he jumped around a few times like Gorgeous did but unlike his daughter (who I am sure was trying to get me to play) he seemed to be trying to get me to move.  I stayed still so he walked by within 3 feet of me and as I turned around I noticed the sun beam across the trail.  As he walked towards it I was screaming in my head "STOP" and he must have heard me because he did.  I got lucky because he turned and looked at me for a few seconds when he stopped and I was just able to get the focus point moved and fire off this shot before he started back towards me.

There is only a 250px crop to tighten up composition.

This shot makes me love this little 300mm even more, it really is just an amazing lens.  I highly recommend clicking over to Flickr so you can zoom in on the photo.

Phocal's gear list:Phocal's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow