Lenstip review of Sigma 24-70

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnNEX Senior Member • Posts: 2,022
Lenstip review of Sigma 24-70

Over on the FE forum there is a discussion of the Lenstip review of the Sigma 24-70.

That thread has gotten all worked up over the language in the review, as well as side issues like the 28mm vs 24mm thing, which has been discussed at least 10 billion times here already but people just want to say the same stuff over and over and over yawn its so boring.

Here are is the actual lenstip data for the Sigma 24-70 compared to the Tamron 28-75.  Its a bit annoying that the review does not show this, because I am sure its of high interest to us lame amateurs who only care about resolution and y'know there is SO much more to lenses than that (insert pompous verbage about vignetting and rendering) ... whatever.  Lentip has not tested the 24-70 GM.

The Sigma done pretty good, folks.  I have the Tamron and I am not changing it for the Sigma, by the way.  And no, I don't have a particularly good copy of the Tamron which performs much better than this test blah blah, and you don't either.  The Sigma is sharper.  Get over it.  No, its not just one test.  SonyAlphaBlog got the same results . You could usefully spend your time to getting angry with Sigma for releasing this lens after Tamron released their lens, how dare they.

-- hide signature --

Sharpness scores and other stats for many FE lenses here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4442319
Fairly amateur photography here:
https://www.facebook.com/John-Clark-Photography-1035965476487072/

JohnNEX's gear list:JohnNEX's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +9 more
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow