Cameras with manual dials, which cameras?

Started Dec 31, 2016 | Questions thread
Christian Scarlet Contributing Member • Posts: 517
Re: Cameras with manual dials, which cameras?

T3 wrote:

yardcoyote wrote:

Fuji is the place to go for digital cameras that act like "real cameras", assuming you can live with an EVF. The key to their shooting experience is their selection of modern AF lenses with working aperture rings. And very good lenses they are, too.

Unfortunately, I find the aperture rings on Fuji lenses to be too easily moved, resulting in inadvertent aperture setting changes. The aperture rings just don't have the solid detents and greater resistance that aperture rings on classic manual lenses have. After all, they don't have a physical/mechanical connection to the aperture mechanism like classic manual lenses do. My first camera gear was hand-me-down Nikon F manual cameras and lenses from my dad. So my first photographic experiences were with changing the aperture view an aperture ring. But while Fuji lenses put that control in the same location (on the lens), it just doesn't feel the same because the movement is too light and loose. Maybe they've fixed this with their more recent lenses. But it's been an issue for me on my Fuji 18-55/2.8-4. It's a really lovely lens, and great in so many ways, except for the overly loose aperture ring.

Dude, we get it already. Just stop with the easily moved diatribe. It’s just you. Anyone ever say you had hot dog fingers?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow