G9 or OMD EM1 MkII Birds with Pan 100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AGWoodard Junior Member • Posts: 29
G9 or OMD EM1 MkII Birds with Pan 100-400

Currently own Olympus OMD EM10 MkII  Olympus 12-100 F4 and Panasonic 100-400 Lenses

I use a Mountain Bike or Hybrid Bike for 90% of my photography.  The two lenses seem to be the perfect kit for "me".

What I am interested in knowing is which camera, OMD Em1 Mk II or Panny G9 would you choose if you had to replace the OMD EM10 MkII?  And if you would, please say why?

I am not going to be buying any new lenses.   It took me a long time to decide on this kit for carrying on my bikes, and I am very happy with it.   I will only be carrying one camera.  No chance of carrying two bodies due to space.  I use a Mindshift Rotation 180 Trail now.  Camera and 12-100 fit in the belt pack, 100-400 in case fits in top section.   The 100-400 with a camera attached will not fit in the belt pack.

My most photographed subjects are intimate landscapes, and wildlife, mostly birds along rivers and swamps.   I like Olympus cameras, and I own a Panasonic lx100 so I also like Panasonic cameras.

So which would you choose - the G9 or the EM1 MkII?   (I am not interested in less than a 20MP camera - and if that is crazy, please let me know why also)

Thank You

-- hide signature --

The clearest way into the universe is though a forest wilderness
- John Muir

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow