3D printed Nikon Z7 (just for fun)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 26,897
3D printed Nikon Z7 (just for fun)

Camera on tripod, took one image after each layer change and stitched them all together to make the video.

Maybe it's a bit overexposed for my taste, but I will not repeat it. It was fun to do it, but once is enough. JPEGs directly out of the camera, no editing other than stitching and simple video creation.

The lens used was the 60/2.8G, everything was set to manual mode, IBIS off (of course) and the camera was in video mode. I tried to use the 24-70/4 but got annoyed by the fact that every time the camera goes to sleep the lens is reset, so getting new focus every time was a bit irritating. With the 60 I just set focus once, switched the lens to MF and could even swap battery without having to refocus. I think Nikon should do something about this, because the way I see it is that this is limiting the MF use, crippling the camera and forcing to keep the camera on for long time without real need, which results in wasted battery power. This must be very irritating for those who regularly take time lapse images over a long period of time. Even with external power or extra battery pack, this is totally unnecessary. I don't know why Nikon resets the lens focus, but even if there is a reason, they should just have a menu item allowing the user to chose to reset, or not reset.

olyflyer's gear list:olyflyer's gear list
Nikon Z7
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow