A6600 viewfinder preview picture not sharp, but the actual picture is.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kenneth16 Forum Member • Posts: 92
A6600 viewfinder preview picture not sharp, but the actual picture is.

I received my A6600 earlier this week and today I got a chance to really test it. One thing I really noticed is that when looking to the viewfinder and take a picture the shot that I took, which is then displayed for the time I have chosen (2, 5or 10 seconds) is not as sharp as when I view the exact same picture (also through the viewfinder) when I press the playback button.

So I am not talking about a difference between the viewfinder and the monitor but a difference between when I've just taken a shot (where you see the file being written to the memory card) and the same picture when I press playback looking though the viewfinder.

Hope my question makes sense, It is rather hard to explain. It looks like the image is being processed. A few times viewing at that first view of the shot I took, I thought that I misfocused. But then when I press the playback button I see a much sharper image.

Anyone else noticed this?

I did some tests with my A6500 (which I am going to sell) and altough I do see a differerence (mostly the preview is somewhat less bright than the actual picture in playback) it does not seem to differ in sharpness.

Sony a6500 Sony a6600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow