CamFi Focus Stack/Shift with A7R IV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 1,119
Re: CamFi Focus Stack/Shift with A7R IV

Steve wrote:

I'm finding it really difficult to find information on this. Does CamFi work for doing focus shift/stacking in extreme macro situations? Can you adjust the amount of focus shift so it's suitable for extreme macro?

Yes, it works because you can choose from three step sizes and can define how many of these steps it will take for each shot. Finally you choose how many shots it has to take (far count/nearcount).

Here's a shot from the screen:

Also can you make save files only to the card in the camera and use the iOS device just as a control?

You can say that it shall safe only a small JPG on the phone/tablet and save the raw only to the card:

This way it only saves the JPG to the phone. In the settings of the CamFi app you can define the JPG size to be very small and of low quality. This way the transfer is almost instant and does not slow down your work and it won't fill up your phones memory either due to the tiny file size.

I cannot say for sure that everything will be the same in your case because I work with the A7RIII and an Android tablet.

You can download the manual here: CamFi Pro Plus Instruction

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Reto

-- hide signature --
 Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow