What's up with AMAZON? D780 in stock but delivery in 3 weeks?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gordon Ripley
Gordon Ripley Contributing Member • Posts: 639
What's up with AMAZON? D780 in stock but delivery in 3 weeks?

So, I ordered a new D780 from amazon.  The site says that they have them in stock.  HOWEVER,  the delivery estimate they gave me is "between Feb 10 and Feb 25".  If they have them in stock and are selling them based upon that telling folks that why are they waiting 3 weeks to send me mine??

The only reason I can come up with is that they want to show "in stock" on their web site to keep folks ordering them.  If they say "out of stock", folk will go somewhere else to order them.  Before anyone mentions that B&H states they can deliver one tomorrow I DO know that but with my Chase Amazon card I can get over $100 credit by buying from Amazon which would give me extra funds for a spare EN-EL15b battery and/or SD card.

I am disappointed with the wait but am more puzzled about the reason for it.

In the meantime I still have my trusty D750 to keep me warm and fuzzy!!!  LOL

Gordon

Gordon Ripley's gear list:Gordon Ripley's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow