Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
OP Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 8,896
Re: comparing a6600 and ai against the a7r4

Peter Jonas wrote:

Advent1sam wrote:

Critical Thinker wrote:

Peter Jonas wrote:

The A6600 may be a competent 24 MP camera, but it is nowhere near a 61 MP camera.

You mean 26MP, right? How do you enable 61MP in APS-C mode?

The 24mp is from the a6600, gigapixel produces a resizing/scaling up to anything you want (within reason) but 60 seems fine actually. I think this approach is preferable to a 60mp sensor if I’m honest, for me, as it does mean you only produce higher when needed. Key is the glass, the better the glass the better the results!

This approach is only preferable when you have a 24 MP camera, but need a pseudo 60 MP image.

You might be saying the same thing in a different way, but I only produce a small number of very large prints so 60 on every image is pointless. Benefits are deeper than that though, for wildlife or when reach is a priority the a6600 has better performance technically than any FF. Obviously if you can put your FF sensor uncropped on the image then that’s a different story.

When you regularly need 60 MP images it's always better to start with a 60 MP camera.

If you regularly need it, agreed, those with 24 and 42 might only need it sporadically though.

Then, when you need it, you can apply the PP trickery and create pseudo 100 MP images, and irritate the Fuji GF crowd with it over on the MF forum.

Although they would probably have much less time for this kind of attitude than the good folk over here on this forum.

I do think the Sony E APS-C forum would have been more appropriate for your thread.

I think it’s of interest for people without 60mp cameras, certainly the a7r3 produces good results if a little too much aliasing for my taste and the 24 of course have those nasty aa’s

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow