Needles and Maze district best spots without hiking... ?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matikr
matikr Regular Member • Posts: 191
Needles and Maze district best spots without hiking... ?

Hi guys, time to plan my next ride, and as usual, I come here for advice.

The plan is for late March, 2 off-road able dirtbikes, exploring the Needles and Maze district. We will be camping one night in Needles and probably 2 nights in the Maze.

Since we can't lock stuff away, and either way bikes can be stolen easily (just throw them in the back of a pickup truck and their gone) we are worried about leaving stuff unattended, so hiking is out which is a pity since I would love to see Druid and Angel Arches. maybe another time...

So I guess the 1st question I have is what will be the best campsites to get the best sunrise/sunset views? I was initially thinking Dollhouse (which one?) and Panorama Point in the Maze , and Devils Kitchen in the needles , but maybe other spots have better vistas?

2nd question is regarding Natural Bridges National Monument - is it pretty enough to take the detour? can it be enjoyed without having to hike far away from the bikes?

Any other recommendation is greatly appreciated too.

attached is the map of the planned routes, and a picture from our previous trip to NEvada and South California back in June

matikr's gear list:matikr's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS M Sony a7 II Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow