SD Q Colour

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 25,192
Re: I always find it interesting..

absquatulate wrote:

That the people who complain the most about alleged problems with cameras never produce their own shots as evidence, with a request to help sort out the issue. How can you possibly know the photographers intent of the shots you posted? How do you know they didn't process those shots to look exactly as they did? In fact I'll wager that's exactly what they did considering some of them are commercial shots.

And in commercial shots of models, we are not dealing with skin colours, but with makeup colours. The READ MORE buttons on this page lead to some lists of pigments and dyes that are used -- many are the same as are used in artists' paints.

https://www.koelcolours.com/Cosmetic-colours.php

Many years ago somebody who had use of a spectrometer made me a set of spectrum curves of paint samples that I provided. I've lost the original printouts, but here is a tidied up version of the spectrum for European skin:

Many happy hours with Letraset making the labels for these graphs !

I personally have had no issues with colour with the SD-Q, apart from when I've made a mistake with white balance. There are enough people shooting commercially with a Quattro sensor for me to believe it's not the sensor that's the problem, apart from my own experience obviously.

The only issue I've ever experienced in terms of colour, is yellow can blow out easily, especially on things such as waxy flower petals, but that is not unique to the foveon sensor, plenty of bayer sensors have difficulty with that scenario, and the Quattro sensor's more limited dynamic range is not exactly a secret.

Buttercups are from Hell.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow