Switch from a6400 to eos m6 ii few questions

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User7002356639 New Member • Posts: 3
Switch from a6400 to eos m6 ii few questions

Dear all,

I'm seriously considering switching from Sony a6400 to Canon eos m6 mkii.

I really like overall feeling and how control handling is done on Canon. However I have two maybe stupid question as any cameras I used before were Olympus and Sony and I don't know much about Canon word.
1.) Each time when I exit from menu, or when I change setting via dial func button I can't immediately change settings bind to dials. Sometimes it happen even after doing nothing period of time. I would like to change exp compensation with dial and nothing will happen. When camera is in this mode I don't see numbers for shutter speed and aperture in left down corner. I have to half press shutter button to activate those numbers and then I can use my dials as expected. Is this intended in Canon word? Can I change this behavior somewhere in menu? On Sony camera I can use dials immediately after I exit menu. Hopefully I described this correctly
2.) Again on Sony I really like function called Focus Standard, when I hold center button it will override my current focus settings to simple Focus Center and AF-S. This will allow me quickly switch from Wide area tracking to more precise focusing. Olympus have something similar called AF Set Home. There you will define your home AF setting (Mode, target and so on) and then you assign it to one function button. When you press that button it will set your AF setting to "home". Press it again and you are back with setting which you had before "go home button press". Now can I have something like this on m6mkii? I found that I can assign something called "focus on center". But still for some reason focus point will start changing position or shape automatically. Yes i can switch AF method via menu, or via quick menu, but  it require more then one button press. 
Uff sorry maybe for long explanation of each question and I hope that you guys will be able to find some nice solution for them.

Thank you very much!

ANSWER:
Canon EOS M6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow