Z50: action AF performance & battery life experience

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
2yota Forum Member • Posts: 88
Z50: action AF performance & battery life experience

So the other day, I was up at our local mountain for my kids' school toboggan/sledding field trip. I brought along my Z50 with 16-50 plus one spare battery. I used a mix of about 50/50 viewfinder/rear monitor and took about 300 shots plus some videos and the 1st battery held up the whole day in cold temperature & still showing full 3-bars.

The focusing was spot on too! I was shooting in H release mode with wide area (L) and it tracked my son's sled from the top starting point all the way down to the bottom of the slope. Virtually all the images captured were in-focus throughout the runs! Also considering I was shooting in almost blizzard-like conditions (see picture below), and the snow that was falling was really moist (ie. if it was dry, I could probably just brush it off the camera body ... this stuff was wet), the camera held up well despite getting a little drenching!

Video focus tracking was perfect too. Did not lose focus at all and the transitions were smooth like a video camera.

Well, I think my Z50 passed this test!

Z50 with 16-50

2yota's gear list:2yota's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow