X100V specs to stay competitive: aiming up also re price the way??

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
John356 Regular Member • Posts: 162
Re: X100V specs to stay competitive: aiming up also re price the way??

Iuvenis wrote:

I think it's hard to evaluate a camera you haven't warmed to. If you don't warm to a camera, you don't work out how to use it to best effect and don't produce your best work.

Yes I agree I never got on with my Sony RX100 (menu’s  / settings) - I can criticise it but not evaluate.

I shot with the X100 for some time, and I was captivated by it. It eventually encouraged me to get an X-E1, at which point I sold it. I have to say I have always regretted that. I am interested in either picking up an X100V, or an X100F when the price starts to tumble.

Later I got the RX1rii. The lens was fantastic; the handling and usability was dire. It was also a huge investment for an amateur like me, so I sold it on. I'm not interested in going there again, and I think Fuji absolutely have to prioritise the handling and form factor in the X100V, not just the lens specs.

As for the lens in the X100 series, they say it hasn't kept pace with the higher megapixel sensors. I can't comment on that first hand, but the interchangeable 23 f2 is a very sharp little lens, and it's very similar optically to the X100 series lens.

-- hide signature --

John

John356's gear list:John356's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow