Best software for quickly colorizing B&W images

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
filmrescue Contributing Member • Posts: 818
Best software for quickly colorizing B&W images

My company does a lot of Kodachrome film processing but at this point into B&W. We're currently setting up with Algorithmia to use their machine learning A.I. interface which at a push of the button, quite impressively colorizes B&W images. Not that it's perfect but there is a wow factor for sure. It can tell what is skin, what is sky, what is foliage etc and it only take a couple of seconds per image. We're still trying to figure out what we'll be paying Algorithmia for use of their software per image but I suspect it will be pennies or less.

Along with this, I'll want the option of going further and doing a better job when a client request it. Such as, grand dad's car was blue, make it blue. I'm looking for software that is intuitive and quick for colorizing images. End results don't need to be mind blowing but they do need to be decent. There seems to be quite a bit out there but is there one that particularly fits this bill?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow