2,100+ frames later - RX10M4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RBEmerson
RBEmerson Contributing Member • Posts: 521
2,100+ frames later - RX10M4

I just returned from two weeks in southern Florida with stops in West Palm Beach, the Everglades, Key Weird West, South Beach, Miami, and back to WPB. According to Windows explorer, I shot of 2100 frames. Understand that a great deal of that was from primarily low speed shooting, although there were some instances of shifting to medium rate. Amazingly, I even did some single shot shooting.

I basically abandoned Auto mode for aperture mode. The results were too erratic and often too poorly exposed. Lighting ranged from mid-day on South Beach to low light at the Palm Beach Zoo's koala exhibit.

I used center focusing most of the time, with the focus point offset to get around, for example, grass in front of an alligator. Even so, when shooting, for example, a plover standing on the sand, focus was definitely wrong more often then expected.

Shooting gulls, terns, storks, among others (no pelicans, darnit) was occasionally a triumph of photographer over camera. On at least two occasions, the camera locked up during "hurry up and shoot!" shooting. Cycling power cleared the faults. The camera has f/w V1.0.

All of this winging aside, when the camera worked, the results were/are quite pleasing.

Eleven examples follow in subsequent posts. With the exception of the Hemingway cat, everything has been tweaked and cropped to taste.

-- hide signature --

Life is what happens while we're busy making other plans. - - John Lennon

RBEmerson's gear list:RBEmerson's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony X3000R
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow