90D and Fast ISO Change

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Myer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,112
90D and Fast ISO Change

This is not unique to the 90D.

The other day I was shooting some action photos with my new 90D.

I was shooting in M mode: 1/2000 sec, f5,6 or 6.3 and I wanted ISO 500 or 1000 depending on which of two locations I was taking.

I was changing from one subject to the other.

Auto ISO was not really an option as in one of the two locations the subject was quite far, in the sun, moving quite fast and the background was in the shade. The movement was quite predictable but not exact. Also, I was shooting 5-6 shot bursts. So fairly often the subject was in a different part of the viewfinder.

I was pre-focusing and holding the shutter halfway down to hold the focus. Interestingly, although I wasn't refocusing during the burst, the photos were mostly in focus from the start to end of the bursts.

Now to the question.

If I wanted to change the shutter speed between from one location to the other that would only require pushing the top wheel a bit. If I wanted to change the aperture I could do that by pushing one controller.

However, if I wanted to change the ISO (which is what I wanted to do) I had to press the ISO button and turn a wheel.

Is there some faster way to somehow change the ISO?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow