Holster/clip fitted to a battery grip......

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dweeble Regular Member • Posts: 207
Holster/clip fitted to a battery grip......

strikes me as a bad idea. Fine if it screws onto the chassis of the camera, but the extra leverage through the single screw holding the battery grip on seems trouble waiting to happen. The camera is a D300.

Any views or any nifty solutions? Carried two bodies around my neck yesterday and it HURTS

One has a light lens and would fit in a pocket sewn onto a chest rig (with velcro straps), the other has an 80-200mm which obv wants to point down....but I reckon the end of the lens wants to be above my hips to avoid banging as I walk (my midriff is fairly well padded).

Views? Ideas? Pictures of how you solve the problem?

PS Really need to have both bodies to hand if I'm going to carry two.

PPS The chest rig makes me look like I've just come from photographing the Fall of Saigon Totally pretentious but a bit cool.

Dweeble's gear list:Dweeble's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow