A6400 focus problem

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 8,873
Re: A6400 focus problem

AdamT wrote:

Danny, the magnifier has a real-time cross hair that stays magnified while you af, 5.9x/11.7x with af in d-mf/af-s, switch to this when required with the top function button is what I do,

Same here - I first used this on the XT100 (amazingly had it) so when I found it on the R3 fully working in AF (the R2 had it only in MF , not AF) I set it to a button too . you can also focus deep on troublesome bushy landscapes to get the whole scene in focus as well as the seeing through branches trick

Absolutely Adam, one other trick is the first step orange box ie 1.0x magnifier you set in the menu, this way you put the orange box first over the object to get the exposure too I believe, once you are in the magnifier you can't change exposure I dont think, so you need to just be conscious of this? The x-t100 seemed to af correctly in magnifier but the Sony's seem to have the cross hair and moving the box around seems better to me when in this mode, but it was implemented in a fashion too, agreed.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow