My Constant Battles with Keystoning....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
moimoi
moimoi Veteran Member • Posts: 5,422
Re: I Don't Care. I'm shooting No Matter What (Barring Injury or Death)

Greg7579 wrote:

moimoi wrote:

I am also focusing on taking photos in which light is part of the subject. If it is not there, I am not shooting, that's the way it goes.

Golden hour is overrated.

I think that s a mistake.  I have recently acquired a few photo books from Alex Webb (The Suffering of light is just masterpiece, mostly from a Leica and 35 mm lens), Fred Herzog and other famous photographers, and the most fantastic shots were taken during the time the sun was low.  When captured well, the golden light adds a unique emphasis to the photographs.  Of course the fact they were using Kodakrome 64 also helped them greatly.  Those colors are very difficult to reproduce digitally.

If you added all the time I have shot in the Golden hours on both ends, it would be more time than the age of some of your kids.

I hate bald skies and flat light. But guess what? I'm shooting if I'm someplace I haven't been before. Its a rule....

That s understandable.

One thing I just want to emphasize is that when the light is on your side, it makes the subject matter way more appealing.

Here is one taken with a Minolta XD5/Rokkor 50 1.7 + Fuji C200 (no more than 50 bucks combo) when the light was on my side.

Cheers,

Max

-- hide signature --

Digital: Fujifilm GFX50R / Canon 5Div
Film: Minolta X570, XD5 & XD11 / Canon EOS 3
http://www.maximesiegler.com/
https://www.instagram.com/maxsiegler645/
And back to Analog Photography as well, oh well!
"All we have discovered is that it starts with a single individual - always a child - and then spreads explosively, like the formation of crystals round the first nucleus in a saturated solution." Arthur C. Clarke (Childhood's End, 1953)

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow