Vintage macro for Fujifilm X-T2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Drejer New Member • Posts: 1
Vintage macro for Fujifilm X-T2

I just got an X-T2 and i love it. However i want to do some macro photography, and fuji’s 80mm macro lens is a little to pricey for me. So i was thinking that it would be great to try a vintage macro lens. They are a lot cheaper, and since i wont really be needing AF for what i plan to use it for (Insect photography) it seems like a great option. However i have noticed that there arent a lot of so called true macro, vintage lenses. Most are 1:2 and there are almost no 1:1. So then i thought i might want to get some extension tubes, to combine with a vintage 1:2 or similar. However i dont have a lot of experience with extension tubes and i dont want to buy a lens and discover that the i cant focus. Also, wouldnt the adapter for the vintage lens work similar to an extension tube?

Would greatly appreciate some input, and if someone has a similar macro setup i would love to hear what gear you use. Im looking for something in the 100mm range (including the crop factor), for insect photography you dont really want to get to close, as it can spook the insects.

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow