B/W - Powerlifting

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
NewEraPhotographer
NewEraPhotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 559
Re: B/W - Powerlifting

I've shot some power lifters in the past... I found it very difficult to get good photos of people with very contorted faces and in positions that look amazing when in motion and viewing the incredible feats of strength, but unflattering when catching a moment in time. I ended up focusing on getting smaller details like the weights with the lifters in the background stretching or chalking up, the lifters getting under the bar or in position, etc. One of the best I captured was after a buddy broke his PB on hang snatch and threw the weight down... the bar and weights bounced back up a couple feet and I caught him flexing and yelling with excitement with a wide angle that also captured the surrounding weights and Olympic platforms.

Did you get any other shots in this or other shoots that you'd consider similar to those? I'd love to see if you did.

NewEraPhotographer's gear list:NewEraPhotographer's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow