Please be kind enough to help out an A7 III newbie.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Human Frailty
Human Frailty New Member • Posts: 21
Please be kind enough to help out an A7 III newbie.

Sorry for the newbish question but I just acquired the A7 III days ago, so I’m curious.

I want the ability to alter the position of the AF point by pressing the directional pad of the rear dial. I’m used to pressing the center button and then using the directional pad to change the points while using the EVF. I do know that’s what the AF point joystick is for but I find it too small, inaccurate and cumbersome to use.

I also know that there’s an option to use the screen as a touch pad to alter the point but I want to use real physical buttons.

Is this not an option with the A7 III because it already has an AF joystick? I do know that the older A7 lineup do have this option, gauging from my Google searches. And yes, my A7 III came already pre-installed with the latest firmware.

Thanks, kindly,

- Audrey

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59035991@N04/
Instagram: @_eventual.decline

Human Frailty's gear list:Human Frailty's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony a6500 Nikon D5600 Sony a7 III Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +2 more
Sony a7 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow