Major Help Needed Re-Linking my pictures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dileshthaker Regular Member • Posts: 255
Major Help Needed Re-Linking my pictures

Hi Community

I really need your help.

Over the years, I have had photos on various laptops, external drives etc, - lightroom used to catalog.  Over the years I have tried many ways of organising files and folders on previous computers.  A few years ago, I consolidated all these, initially to a WD MyCloud Drive (did not work too well) and now after much work have all my pics on either my external drive or my current laptop.

Where possible I tried to do this through lightroom, but to cut a long story short I now have...

A WD Elements External drive with all my photos on

Adobe Lightroom Classic with all my pictures on - JPEGs, edited RAW files, old collections etc

All my photos now have a "?" by each thumbnail.  Using what I have learned from the internet,I have attached a few, but there are literally 10s of thousands of pics.

On the left-hand pane, I can see the external hard drive in lightroom and it has a green light next to it but expanding on the drive only shows a small selection of folders (I think pictures that I have manually re-located.  So I need to have the contents of the Lightroom catalog matching the contents of the external drive.

Please help - I have really struggled with this but cannot suss it out.

FYI  I have also copied the external drive to another ext drive so that I have a backup.  The physical pictures from the lightroom thumbnails should all be on the external drive, I just need help linking them together.  Right clicking on the ext drive in lightroom does not seem to help.

Thankyou in hope and anticipation

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow