Canon EOS RP vs. Sony a6100 for Wildlife/Landscape

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jordan9 New Member • Posts: 7
Canon EOS RP vs. Sony a6100 for Wildlife/Landscape

Hi all,

I am new to this community and new to the world of photography. I have been a long time nature observer and have got the chance to borrow friends cameras to take shots.

I have finally decided that I would like to make the investment in a good camera. My main focus be on wildlife and trees and my secondary would be landscape. Lastly I think I would like to take photographs of the night sky but this is just merely an interest.

I have decided I want a mirrorless camera mostly because I do a lot of hiking and prefer something a little smaller/lighter to lug around. I have been doing a lot of research and within my mirrorless budget I kept coming back to the Sony a6100 or a6400. However, when I went to the camera store and got asking questions the Canon EOS RP came into the picture. The RP is currently on sale right now and I could get these two setups for about the same price:

- a6100 with the 16-50mm kit lens and additionally getting the SONY E 70-350MM F4.5-6.3 G OSS LENS

- CANON RP with the  RF24-240MM F4-6.3 IS lens

Only note is I did find the Canon more comfortable to hold and shoot with.

I know the RP is full frame and that what the sales guy seemed to really highlight but I'm not sure what will be better for my use and picture quality.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow