M50 vs a possible M50 Mark 2 in Feb 2020?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dave-r42 New Member • Posts: 4
M50 vs a possible M50 Mark 2 in Feb 2020?

Hello forums,

I'm new and I'm not sure which forum would it go, but here it is.

I need some buying advice about the Canon M50 and it's possible successor (?).

I've been looking at the Canon M50 for a while now. It looks great esp for someone like me, who wants to get more involved with photograhy. I plan to mainly use it to shoot landscapes or portraits (?) whenever I'm at home or travelling with friends.

In November/early December last year, there was a lot of speculation that a Canon M50 successor would be announced in Feb 2020, probably a M50 mark 2. And this is primarily why I've been holding off on making the step and buying the M50. Why am I waiting for a successor? Future proofing.

Just a few days, canonrumors and other rumor sites mentioned it might be new products from the R lineup rather than a M series camera. I've read that the R system and lens is the future, but tbh it's a bit expensive for me right now.

Which brings me to the question, should I hold off for the official announcements to confirm that they wouldn't be releasing a M50 mk 2 or something or.. should I just get one?

Thanks!

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow