Leica

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 11,891
First rule of Leica club

NewGuy1776 wrote:

Ok, I am not here to start drama/beef/uproar but I have a Leica question. So it seems that many folks just LOVE Leica cameras.

They do

They claim the Leica cameras are the best cameras in the world and maybe they are right.

For them they are right. They usually use abstract definitions of best and pick abstract criteria to make their claims

However, I wonder if the name is now associated with quality but maybe the competitors have closed the gap these days.

No. It's a designer brand whose image is built by a pedigree. Nobody else has maintained this image and you cannot build it out of nothing

I pay $120-220 for Jordan brand sneakers. I don't pay that amount because the shoes are that much better but its a branding thing.

Correct. bUT Jordans aren't even in the same league for this conversation. Think more Lois Vitton, Yeezy, whatever. Designer products.

Has anyone out there ever purchased any Leica camera and was underwhelmed with the product compared to other brands?

What Tom said nailed it. Right sided brain people don't buy Leicas. Anyone buying a Leica knows what they are getting and will not be underwhelmed.

Thanks

golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
iau
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow