Testing out a Sony RX 10IV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fotomotovfr Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Testing out a Sony RX 10IV

sunjester wrote:

Having trouble with back button focus due to the button location. Also having a bit of trouble getting the EVF set to show whats actually in the field instead of what the photo will look like.

The EVF can be set to show preview or live.  I need to switch often so I added this option to the quick menu.  The color/brightness signal sent to EVF can also be adjusted to one's preferences via the menu settings.

For button ergonomics, I used a paper hole puncher to punch out a perfect circle of black gaffer tape.  I then applied that circle of tape to the dedicated Fn button.  I expected it to fall off almost immediately but it has remained for several weeks.  Others have (very carefully) applied epoxy, a paint drop, or other materials to the button to build it up.  Once my tape falls off, I'll look into one of those more permanent methods.  Works very well right now, feels a bit like a joystick button (just wished it was a joystick!!!!!!!).

fotomotovfr's gear list:fotomotovfr's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow