Yellowstone Etc trip - GH5

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D200_4me
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 4,694
Yellowstone Etc trip - GH5

For some reason I had the urge to go back and check/edit my Yellowstone (etc) trip photos from the GH5 and Olympus 12-00mm f/4 lens. My editing tends to change over time (improve, I hope) so I felt the need to update those photos and I'm still impressed with the stills from the GH5. That's one combo I regret selling (GH5 with the 12-100 /4) because it was a great combo that produced great results.

My trip was in 2017 with the GH5 but I was there in 2011 with a D700 and GH2. I always remember my trips based on the camera I was using It's funny how a smaller sensor in the GH5 made better photos than my older D700. Of course the tech improves over time and the GH5 had more dynamic range than my D700 (but lower high ISO quality).

Anyway, I'm really happy with my images from that trip. Gallery is here:

https://www.thephotographyhobbyist.com/VACATION-AND-SHORT-TRIPS/PARKS/Yellowstone-Glacier-Etc-2017/

The GH5 is definitely NOT a video only camera. I mostly used it for stills and it was my favorite m4/3 camera so far (even compared to the G9, which I also owned).

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR +1 more
Nikon D700 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow