What is the best f stop for landscape photography?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hyacint
hyacint Junior Member • Posts: 45
What is the best f stop for landscape photography?

I recently took a couple sample photographs and realized that at 4.5 and 5.6 parts of my images were still out of focus? only at 8 f does the entire image start to become sharp and it is only at f 11 that the entire photo.. finally! is sharp

i have personally been afraid to use such high f stops cause i heard it makes the image lose detail? but i cannot see any less detail at f 11 compared to f 5.6 but above f 11 the image gets to be really blurry so anything above f 11 is unusable

This is in broad daylight but at f 11 the image gets darker so i think i have to put the iso at 400 it seems weird to take pictures in broad daylight at iso 400 and f 11...? is this normal

I should also stress that f 8 and 11 look close to identical in a normal viewing situation that is full screen and no zooming in

My camera is the gx85 also known as gx80 Panasonic lens PANASONIC 25MM F/1.7

All sample photos are taken using the standard profile with default settings i dynamic i resolution disabled

hyacint's gear list:hyacint's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow