Fujifilm XF 16mm f1.4 - for travel?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merah92
Merah92 New Member • Posts: 11
Fujifilm XF 16mm f1.4 - for travel?

Hello fellow lens nerds!
I just ordered myself the glorious 16mm XF lens and I am a little bit indecisive about my travel to my second home Indonesia.
I want to keep things small and simple and want to bring only 1 lens for my months in Indonesia.
Initially I wanted to bring the good old 18-55mm "kit" lens (which I love). I am aware that it would be the more wise decision and definitely a more versatile lens.
But now after finally getting the 16mm beast, I tend to choose this lens as my travel buddy.
I am mostly a wide shooter and I totally love fast lenses and the close minimal focus distance is a big big plus as well for me. Also the weather sealing is awesome for this humid country.
So would you guys recommend me being rational and just put the 18-55mm in my pocket or would you also take the risk to be less flexible but go for the amazing 16mm lens?
Best wishes!
-ML

Merah92's gear list:Merah92's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow