Advise on Micro 4/3 particularly indoor photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
newbuteager New Member • Posts: 20
Advise on Micro 4/3 particularly indoor photography

Hello All!

My old 7D (original) is in need of retirement (after several years of good use for my needs)

I'm at a point of looking for a new system: DSLR or Mirorless Canon or go to micro4/3 (most likely olympus omd-e-1 mark II (or the upcoming mark iii...)

Since most of my photography involves travel and are taking during the day, I always had great results with my old canon.  I'm very interested in the olympus: quality, cost and size and weight vs full frame, features like IBIS etc.

The one thing I can figure out from all the reviews, research i did online, etc is how bad exactly is the noise/IQ in low light...Everybody seems to agree it is not good but how bad is it...

So, I'm requesting some tips on micro 4/3 and mostly how it handles low light and indoor photography...

With my setup, i don't do many indoor photography because the quality sucks pizelize enough that i don't really see sharp pictures (if i don't have a tripod or if i need to boost iso above 1000.  Should i expect better results let's say with a mark II and the 12-100 f4 or does it need a 1.2 lens?

Thanks for your help

newbuteager's gear list:newbuteager's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow