Another fisheye question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GinaRothfels Regular Member • Posts: 178
Another fisheye question

I already own a fisheye lens - the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye zoom (f3.5-4.5) which I occasionally use with an adapter on my M50.

While reading this forum last night I became aware of the 7Artisans 7.5mm fisheye which is wider, faster (f2.8) and doesn't require an adapter. The one drawback is that it's a manual focus lens.

I'm not too bothered about using the adapter, but I'm curious to know whether the benefits of the wider and faster lens are going to be significant enough to make it worth buying. Ideally I'd like to test any lens before buying it, but this one isn't available locally - only on Amazon.

I'm probably expecting a bit much asking if anyone has used both lenses, but I'm struggling to find any comparisons aside from this one from versus.com which says the Tokina is BETTER because of its narrower minimum angle of view and longer maximum focal length. Clearly this comparison doesn't understand what fisheye lenses are all about.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow