GFX 100 Questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,496
GFX 100 Questions

Considering the GFX 100 and have a few questions.

1.  Want the camera for fashion to include "runway"
  2. For runway, models move and I need to use a telephoto I understand there is a Fuji 100-200 at 5.6. Would I be better off with an adapter and using a Canon 2.8 70-200?
  3. or can I push ISO to 4000 without noise? And stick with the Fuji 100-200
  4. With 14 stops of DR, will shadow and highlight recovery be equal to or better than something like a Canon 1DXMKII?
  5. Will I really get 5fps?
  6. Will the camera focus on a walking model in a spinning dress?
  7. Will I need a leaf shutter for studio work? Srtobes?
  8. What lenses should I look at first to realize the true capacity of the camera?
  9. From a workflow perspective will Photoshop and Lightroom suffice?
  10. I understand that adaperters for EF Canon Lenses
  11. are possible per the salesperson at B&H. A. What will be the biggest sacrifice?
  12.   What could I expect placing a f2.8 300mm IS USM II on the camera? The salesperson said the lens with the adapter will communicate fully with the camera. Does that mean I'll have IS? Will I be at 2.8?  Will there be vynyetting or distortion that I can't fix in LR or PS?
  13. Looking to buy within 2 weeks?

Thank you.

Canon 1DXMKII. And Canon f/2.8 70-200 IS USM II - Canon Digital Photo Professional and Lightroom.

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +23 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow