OMD EM1 MK 1 - inconsistently underexposing

manual shutter speed and f-stop with Auto-ISO, full range
--OR--
shutter priority with manually selected ISO
independent of selected ISO
overcast days are the worst
shots with lots of red are most accurate, less so for yellow, worst for blue
no EV adjustment

Underexposing from 1/4 to 2 1/2 stops, usually more than 1 stop, shooting in RAW and judged by using the Lightroom AUTO button as well as manually adjusting Exposure on unedited images.

While I've experienced sensor failures in the past, nothing like this and not with a CMOS sensor.

The only correlation I can see is that the bluer the light, the greater the underexposure. Heavily green images seem to be generally more accurate even with lots of other color in the shot. Yes I know that half the pixels are green but the auto exposure mechanism in the camera should compensate for that.

I have had other cameras that consistently underexposed but they were usually less than 1/2 stop (Nikon and Panasonic) and they were consistent across all scenes. A couple of Fuji point-and-shoot cameras consistently overexposed by about 1 stop.

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Bill

P.S. using calibrated monitors

TwoMetreBill's gear list:TwoMetreBill's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow