Lumix G9 - unable to use a Vivitar 283 flash

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Nigel New Member • Posts: 1
Lumix G9 - unable to use a Vivitar 283 flash

I want to use a Vivitar 283 flash gun with the G9. After much time reading threads of a year ago about difficulties with the G9 flash I did get it working for a few flashes but now it's gone again.

In the menu Flash is greyed out and on pressing the menu set button I get the message 'This menu item cannot be set'. I have reset the menu, it is not on silent or any of the other blockers detailed in the previous threads. I have tried different Vivitar settings. I have checked the connections and made sure the flash is firmly connected.

The fact that it has worked and now it doesn't makes me think this is a system failure of the G9. Or of the flash unit. But if it's the latter, why is the G9 menu Flash greyed out.

Also when I could read open the Flash menu I was not able to change to manual nor to change the firing mode. A problem others have had.

Any comment or advice please.

James Nigel's gear list:James Nigel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow