D5 Price - Less than $3800 - Reasonable of Buyer Beware!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Forum Pro • Posts: 10,499
Re: D5 Price - Less than $3800 - Reasonable of Buyer Beware!

Flashlight wrote:

JMD-70 wrote:

Also, just for reference, my WT-7 on an 802.11ac Router transfers a D500 RAW file in about 6-secs flat,...jpegs are transmitter from about 2-secs to 4.x seconds! Yeah,...that's FAST!!!

I use the D7200/D750 connected directly to a laptop using the build-in WiFi of the cameras and AirNef on the laptop to receive the image files.

I typically transfer small jpegs for my clients to see while the RAW files remain on the card. But I tried some NEFs just now and i clocked a 24.3MB file transferred in 10.3 seconds from a distance of about 5 meters, or 2.36 MB/s. Your transmitter transfers a 20MB(?) file in 6 seconds or 3.33 MB/s. Not really impressed by the speed boost of the $1000 transmitter. That said, if you need it you need it.

Read this:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60027470

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow