A6000 to FF

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrRanza New Member • Posts: 3
A6000 to FF

Hi,

I currently have about 1 year of experience with the a6000 and it's a great little tool, but as i like hiking, landscape and stuff i find the lack of GOOD aps-c zoom lenses disturbing. I've tried many prime lenses (sigma 19, 30, 60, sony 35, 50) and a couple of zoom (16-50kit, 18-105 and 18-135). The prime are very good but the zoom are quite dark and too soft even stopped down.

When hiking it's a real pain to switch lens every time and even with 3 or 4 primes in my backpack I feel the need to have more focal lenghts.

I've considered to stay within the aps-c line and switch to fujifilm to try the 18-55 but after a "sony tuch&try day" I realized that i like very much the results and the feel of the a7 lineup. But every model untill the mk3 have many cons.

Mk1: no ibis, short battery life, reflections, no uncompressed raw, no weather sealing and some more.

Rmk1: same as mk1 but more pricey.

Smk1: some cons of mk1 and maybe resolution too low.

Mk2: no 4k video (for the money), same sensor as mk1, battery life, high iso performance quite different from the mk3, no uncompressed raw, and maybe some more.

Rmk2: battery life, better high iso than mk2 but not as good as mk3.

I'd like not to spend around 1,5k euro (I live in italy) for a used a7iii becouse all the previous models have some cons.

I can find a used mk2 for about 600/700 euro or a Rmk2 for 1000, but i can't decide if the jump in price worths that much.

I'm probably gonna buy the tamron 28-75 first, or maybe the new sigma 24-70 in case of a "sale".

Dslr are generally too big for me, and i like the evf. Eos r and rp are not my cup of tea.

What should i do? I know fuji aps-c are actually good but i would like to experiment with full frame.

Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow