Most compact bag for a 50R+50

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg7579
Greg7579 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,397
Re: Most compact bag for a 50R+50

Harold66 wrote:

debo wrote:

Hi, am a FujiX guy for the last 5+ years (started with a X100 and the rest is history). After some hesitation I got hold of a 50R+50 combo and I am liking the experience.

Whats the most compact/lightweight bag for this, so that I can take it on my day trips instead of my X100F in my jeans pocket

Hello

it would be useful for you to specify what kind of bag you would favor . shoulder bag ? messenger bag ? backpack ? sling

also essential to choose the right bag is to know whether you need to have space for a laptop or just a tablet or what ?

do you plan to travel by plane often or not ?

personally I would advise against the think tank advice you received . in addition to being overpriced they are overkill in terms of partition which reduces inside space and add to the weight

depending on what kind of bag you would favor , you would get different advice

for long hikes or carrying all day a backpack is WAY BETTER than any shoulder bag

Harold

Harold,

I use shoulder bags, backpacks and messenger bags.  My favorite shoulder bag for just a lens or two and the camera around my neck is the Domke F803.  For the GFX 100 the Leather Little Weekender.  Messenger Bag (new version 2) is Peak Design Everyday Messenger (I have both sizes - 13 and 15) and the best backpack id the PD Everyday backpack (I have both sizes there too).

But don't do what I do because I have too many bags.  But then again, I have too many cameras.  And way too many lenses.  Don't listen to me.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow