Obsessing too much to take the picture?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,245
Obsessing too much to take the picture?

I sometimes find I fall prey to a particular habit - that is I wait for the perfect picture to take it. That means I will refuse to take a photo if I don't like the lighting, or the clutter/environment, or maybe its the wrong time of day...

And the result is, instead of getting a picture even if its not the best, I don't get any picture at all.

So every picture of my vacation, friends/family, dog, cat, or food has to meet some unspecified standard or I will refuse to take it. I think I miss a lot of photos that way. I find sometimes I don't take pictures while on vacation (it was rainy/the place wasn't as nice as I thought/I missed the sunrise/sunset), at my kid's birthday parties, or dinner with friends, etc... Not because I couldn't but because I didn't want to.

I am rethinking this approach. Maybe sometimes you just have to set the camera to an auto mode and use on-camera flash and take the photo. Photography is not a competition, and an okay photo is better than no photo, and on camera flash is not evil despite what you may have heard on Youtube. Truth or fallacy?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow