Canom M50 or Fuji XT100

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aadi007 New Member • Posts: 23
Canom M50 or Fuji XT100

All,

I am looking for an entry level mirrorless camera with APSC sensor and viewfinder.

With that criteria, I have narrowed down to these 2 cameras. I will be using for general casual photography - indoors, family, travel etc. Also, I don't plan to use the kit lens primarily for the time being before I develop specific interest on a particular type of photography. I might buy one fast prime lens along with the kit lens though.

The Fuji XT100 costs $450 with 15-45 kit

The Canon M50 costs $700 with 15-45 kit.

I think the Canon M50 is an overall better camera but the $250 price difference is making me think. I am mainly worried about the autofocus performance of the XT100 as it has been widely criticized in reviews. I might not be shooting a lot of first action but I would still like the autofocus to track subjects when there is some movement. Is there a particular setting in the camera which I can use for AF which works well?

Secondly, I have heard the kit zoom is annoying to use. Can I use the focus ring to operate the kit zoom?

Also, there are reports that the performance of the camera is not responsive and laggy and frustrating to use. Also, the touchscreen interface of the Canon M50 is way better. The XT100 comes with better battery and slightly better high ISO performance

Please suggest which one makes more sense considering my usage and whether I should spend the $700 more for the Canon ?

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Fujifilm X-T100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow