A couple M sunrises from this weekend

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HaroldC3
HaroldC3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,524
A couple M sunrises from this weekend

I had taken off Thursday and Friday from work (just because I needed to take time off) but the weather wasn't good.  I tried going out on Friday but struck out.  So I took advantage of the good morning I had on Saturday and Sunday.  Luckily both days produced good sunrises in my area.  I stayed local as I didn't make the decision to leave the house until I saw the pre-dawn clouds.

On Saturday, I decided to go to one of the more popular landmarks in my area, the cable bridge. I have always wanted to get a winter image with the bridge to my portfolio so I decided to give it a visit.  We had some snow from the previous storm and it had snowed lightly on Friday, so the conditions were decent for a winter image.

When I got to the location I was a little disappointed because the river level was a little high.  Luckily, there were still a few larger rocks in and above the water that were snow-covered, so I made sure to include them.

3-image HDR

The image was taken with the Laowa 9mm f2.8 lens but the extreme edges are soft.  I don't think I focused it good enough to get the whole image sharp.

So this morning I decide to go out again.  I have been chasing an image of this scene for awhile and have been waiting for the perfect conditions.  Well, the actuall place I wanted to take the image was just up the hill and down the road a bit but I saw this following scene and really liked the tree as part of the image.

3-image HDR processed in HDR Efex pro 2 and LR

The color didn't last too long but I saw some alpine-glow on the mountain behind me.  I tried to get  to a location with a good view of the mountain but when I got there the glow had greatly dimished.  So I quicky fired off a few shots.  In all the craziness, I didn't noticed the camera selected ISO800. So unfortunately I got a noisy image but I guess it's better than not getting an image at all.

It's supposed to rain the next week or so.  Luckily, I took a trip today and have more images to take a look at.  Thanks for looking.

HaroldC3's gear list:HaroldC3's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Venus Laowa 9mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow