Nikon Z6: 30+ second exposures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YetAnotherUnsername Regular Member • Posts: 214
Nikon Z6: 30+ second exposures

Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to the Z system and my previous setups have always struggled a bit with long exposure noise so I've never bothered going beyond 30-second exposures.

With the Z6 I'm interested to see how it handles daytime long exposures at around aunrise/sunset with an ND filter to get some of that silky sky and water magic.

I've had a little play with snapbridge but I'm thinking a shutter cable might be the way to go. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to get the best out of the Z6?

Also, aside from a little trial and error while shooting is there anything I should know about exposing correctly. I only expect to have the shutter open for 60s at the most so I can't imagine it will be too difficult to gauge based on the exposure preview at 30s - or am I being too confident?

Any advice much appreciated.

YetAnotherUnsername's gear list:YetAnotherUnsername's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow